- 1 Which is the best money transfer service to India?
- 1.1 What is the safest and fastest way to send money to india
- 1.2 Compare Money Transfer Services to India
- 1.3 ICICI : Money2India service
- 1.4 Western Union
- 1.5 MoneyGram
- 1.6 Remit2India (Times Of Money)
- 1.7 Zoom
- 1.8 WorldRemit
- 1.9 RIA
- 1.10 Remitly
- 1.11 TransFast
- 1.12 InstaRem
- 1.13 How can I transfer money from US to India?
- 1.14 Money Transfer Limits
Which is the best money transfer service to India?
Money transfer companies make money by charging you fees or padding the Indian rupee exchange rate . First time NRI customers will always get a starter exchange rate.
Banks and money transfer services charge fees per transfer. These fees can be a flat transfer fee or a percentage of the total amount you’re sending.
Always look for money transfer companies that display fees and exchange rates upfront, so you know exactly what you’ll pay.
Getting money transfer account approved and getting funding sources confirmed is a slow and painstaking process.
Cash Back / Extra Bucks
Always look for referral links to get money back offers or extra bucks on conversion or gift cards and to top all free conversion rate and no fee on transfer.
Money Transfer Services are always cheaper than banks, Watch out for locked-in exchange rates.
Best option is to look for competitive exchange rates with a low fee for transfers.
Check Dollar Rupee Live Rates USD to INR
What is the safest and fastest way to send money to india
Zoom & ICICI are some of the fastest with delivery within hours.
Compare Money Transfer Services to India
Nothing is free, Nearly all providers skew exchange rates for a profit.
Send money online to any bank account in India using secure and cost-effective online money transfer service.
To find the best money transfer provider, compare a range of providers before committing your funds to the transaction.
ICICI : Money2India service
Convenient, affordable way to send money to any bank account from the US to India.
No fee for higher amounts to any bank account in India.
Competitive & locked-in exchange rates from USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Singapore, UAE, Hongkong, Switzerland, Sweden.
Transfer Methods : Online, App, Phone, Agent, Bank Account to Bank Account, International Money Order
- Send and transfer money to more than 200 countries.
- Money in minutes, Send by debit card for fast cash pick up at an agent location.
- Transfer directly to a participating bank account or for cash pick up.
- Send money on the go with the WU app.
- In select markets you can have the money transfer loaded onto a Western Union branded prepaid card.
Is Western Union the best way to transfer money?
What are the pros and cons of their service?
- Western Union charges are extra 10-15% for its brand value. Expect to pay more in fees to transfer with Western Union.
- When it comes to speed for bank-to-bank transactions, Western Union is not the fastest of the herd – its risk management capabilities still lag behind Xoom, so it usually takes longer.
- Wait time of one to three days for funds to arrive if you pay with a credit or debit card online.
- WU Exchange rates can be nearly 5% more than the market rate, you have cheaper online options.
MoneyGram is one of the largest money transfer provider after Western Union.
Same day transfers are possible, even with bank accounts
The exact fees varies by destination and other factors such as whether you pay with a bank account or a debit or credit card.
Remit2India (Times Of Money)
Remit2India is one of the oldest India money transfer services in India.
Competitive Indian Rupee exchange rates and zero fees, Cheaper than banks.
Referral program. No cash pickup facility in India.
Xoom is an affordable alternative to other international money transfer services.
Transfer Money to NRE/NRO accounts.
Send cash for pickup at thousands of partner locations around the world.
Have cash delivered : Send money directly to your recipient’s door.
The major advantage to Xoom is the true cost of money transfer : The service claims to offer lower prices on international money transfers than Western Union and MoneyGram.
If for any reason your money is not received by your recipient, it will refund your transaction in full.
So what about the cons?
- Lengthy Processing Times
- Higher markups on exchange rates than a lot of competitors.
WorldRemit offers the flexibility of paying from your bank account or with a credit / debit card, and your recipient can receive the funds in the bank account or mobile wallet deposit or pick it up as cash from one of the agent locations worldwide.
You can’t pay for an international money transfer with cash.
Funds you send can be instantly added to your recipient’s Mobile Money account.
Transfer Type : Credit Card/Debit Card, Cash, ACH Transfer.
- Transfer money using your bank, debit or credit card.
- With multiple payment and delivery options, your funds can be deposited into your recipient’s bank account overseas, delivered by courier (in select countries) or picked up from one of Ria’s worldwide location.
- Ria’s exchange rates are better than most money transfer companies and banks.
Is Ria the best option when transferring money Overseas?
- Ria’s maximum daily transfer limit of $3,000 may deter users, who need to transfer larger amounts.
- Prepare to pay a transfer fee when you send money overseas.
- Same day delivery available.
- Funding transfers with a credit card costs an extra 3% off the transaction amount.
- Remitly balances speed with decent prices.
Taking longer than they commit and their rate is not attractive. Too many complaints.
Delayed service, but better exchange rates.
How can I transfer money from US to India?
What is the cheapest way to send money from Canada to India ??
Sending money from Canada through banks is not the cheapest way.
Money Transfer Limits
Everyone has some kind of global limit on the amount that can be transferred via any money transfer service.
How much money can I can send to India from USA in a year?
There is no limit on sending money from USA. But, there is a limit of USD $14,000 per person per year for gift tax free transactions.
Any amount sent above US $14,000 per person per year, the sender is responsible for paying the gift taxes. For any amount that exceeds this limit, U.S. taxes will apply.
7 Things You Should Know About Gift Tax
India Nationalized Banks
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- Australian dollar AUD
- Brazilian real BRL
- Canadian dollar CAD
- Czech koruna CZK
- Danish krone DKK
- Euro EUR
- Hong Kong dollar HKD
- Hungarian forint HUF
- Israeli shekel ILS
- Indian Rupee INR
- Japanese yen JPY
- Malaysian ringgit MYR
- Mexican peso MXN
- New Zealand dollar NZD
- Norwegian krone NOK
- Philippine peso PHP
- Polish zlotych PLN
- Russian ruble RUB
- Singapore dollar SGD
- Swedish krona SEK
- Swiss franc CHF
- Taiwan new dollar TWD
- Thai baht THB
- UK pounds sterling GBP
- US dollar USD
Compare Money Transfer Services